For over 85 years, Daramic, LLC has led the way in developing new and innovative technology for the lead-acid battery market. With headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA—Daramic today supplies high-performance polyethylene and phenolic resin battery separators to the lead-acid battery industry. Daramic is also committed to delivering unsurpassed expertise in advanced separator technology.
Grey sheet winder for Daramic Battery Separator
The battery technology giant required a solution for an automatic roller machine for its battery separator paper for segregating into the small deliverable unit. The winding rolling needed to be continuous as the product supply from the extraction and extruder line cannot be halted. The system also had to be robust as it needed to rewind the paper roll weighing up to 1.5 tons.
- We planned for a double roller machine in which the second one will replace the first one when it is done winding.
- Two winders and turret type arrangement enables rewinding action of roll simultaneously on one winder at present and later on the second winder eliminating the halting of the main machine (extraction line and extruder line)
- The principle is that the machine will be employed with three geared piston motors, two for winding the paper and one for turret rotating the shaft to exchange the rollers.
- A special fast cutting knife is deployed at each of the two rollers to cut the paper whenever the calculated winding is completed.
- The process is continuous so there is no requirement to pause or stop the conveyor line
Benefits of Grey sheet winder for Daramic Battery Separator
- The assembly made it convenient and efficient for Daramic to roll their battery separator paper
- The PLC and HMI display help give variable inputs to the machine to obtain the desired output
- The Grey sheet winder for Daramic Battery Separator is optimizable to obtain products of different dimensions