For over 85 years, Daramic, LLC has led the way in developing new and innovative technology for the lead-acid battery market. With headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA—Daramic today supplies high-performance polyethylene and phenolic resin battery separators to the lead-acid battery industry. Daramic is also committed to delivering unsurpassed expertise in advanced separator technology.
Re-inspection with a chopper machine for daramic battery separator
Re-Inspection with a Chopper machine for Daramic Battery Separator is required to inspect for any defects and chop the battery separator papers.
Daramic supplies battery separator paper to its customers in different quantities based on their requirement, for this they have to cut the paper in different lengths then pack and send it. While doing this they also have to ensure that the paper is free from any hole, be homogenous and defect-free.
To ensure quality and chop in the required amount of their battery separator paper, they needed a machine that would inspect and chop the papers at the same time. The quality compliance is very much critical for Daramic as their product is a raw material for other battery manufacturing companies and may defect would lead to huge losses, including putting life in danger.
- Although the input material is already scrutinized. The Re-Inspection with a Chopper machine for Daramic Battery Separator will inspect the papers again to remove any possibility of defect.
- Every single roll are unwinded upon this machine as final level verification
- The verification is done by laser-based equipment that sends a signal to the PLC if it detects any abnormalities
- Mark sensors are installed for spray mark checking, if the hole size is greater than the tolerance limit then the paper is cut and re-joint by the welding process
Slitting process :
- 1) The single roll is slitted first into two or three panels.
- 2) These panels have a specific width as per cutter adjustment depending upon the requirement.
Chopping process :
- 1) The small panels obtained after slitting the single roll are operated for chopping
- 2) The required height and quantity are fed into the machine and cut pieces are obtained
- This machine provided Daramic an inspection system that ensures that their product is compliant and defect-free.
- All the actuators and gadgets on the machine can be controlled through the control panel
- The operating efficiency of the re-inspection machine is so accurate that it has an error ratio of 1:1000